Information Collection: We may collect some or all of the following information from you when you visit and interact with our Site:
- Personal Information that you voluntarily provide to us. “Personal Information” is information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. It includes such things as name, address, company name, occupational role, telephone number, fax number, email address, date of birth, and purchase and ordering history.
- Non-identifying information we collect when you use the Site. “Non-identifying information” is information that alone cannot identify you and has not been associated with you. It includes such things as data from cookies or pixel tags, or data about the device you use to access, use, or interact with our Site, such as your IP address or the type of browser you are using.
Cardinal Health does not collect sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) without your express consent or as required by law.
Cardinal Health does not collect any Personal Information from you through the Site unless you voluntarily choose to disclose such information. We may ask you to provide certain Personal Information at various times and places on the Site. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with the requested Personal Information, you may not be able to access all of the Site or participate in all of its features.
For example, we may collect Personal Information from you when you:
- Register, subscribe, or create an account with Cardinal Health;
- Purchase products from Cardinal Health through our Site;
- Open or respond to our email offers;
- When you voluntarily provide us with information through our customer surveys which we may then link to personal information that we previously collected about you ;
- Contact customer service, use our “Connect” feature to converse with a Cardinal Health representative, or otherwise make use of our customer support tools;
- Sign-up for our email updates and newsletters, such as our “Essential Insights” newsletter;
- Connect, link or “share” our Site via social networking sites;
- Provide ratings or reviews of our products and services;
- Apply for a job at Cardinal Health.
Information Use: We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site, our services, and our products;
- Establish an online Cardinal Health account for you at your request;
- To process online purchase orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- To determine whether you are a suitable candidate for any open jobs at Cardinal Health;
- Provide customer service (for example, answering your questions or responding to a request);
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Cardinal Health and our third party business partners;
- Identify your preferences so can we notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you;
- Validate your ability to access and/or use certain products or services that may only be intended for individuals meeting certain eligibility requirements or criteria, such as health care professionals;
- Send you reminders, updates, support, administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Allow you to interact with certain third party content service providers (for example, to enable you to link to, or view content from, third party sites within our Site, or view our content on a third party site);
- Administer online surveys or special offers from us or through our third party business partners;
- Improve our Site, customer service, products and services and overall user experience;
- Enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and determine your interests;
- Manage our everyday business needs, such as administration of the Site, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, and enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations and Terms and Conditions, or to comply with the law.
Social Networking: Certain social media features available on our Site may be hosted by third party sites. For example, some social networking services allow you to share products and services from our Site via your social networking profile. Our Site also allows you to apply for available jobs at Cardinal Health through your LinkedIn account. If you choose to make use of third party social media services (such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn), we may receive Personal Information about you, such as your name and email address that you have made available through those services. We encourage you to visit those third party social networking services’ privacy policies and review your privacy settings directly on those services. Any information we receive through third party social media services may be used as described in this policy.
By collecting this non-identifying information we can better understand how you interact with our Site; give you a more personal and optimized online experience by tracking your preferences; improve our Site; fulfill contracts with our business partners; help confirm receipt of and response to our emails; and provide more effective customer service. We also use this information for the same purpose as your Personal Information.
You can choose not to provide us with this information, but please be aware that certain portions of the Site may not be available to you.
Commercial Emails: You may choose to opt-out of receiving commercial emails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send or by signing into your account and adjusting your email preferences. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still email you non-commercial emails related to your account and your transactions on the Site. Also, please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal. You may update your account preferences at any time. If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from our third-party business partners, you can follow the instructions in the emails that they send you.
Cookies and Tracking: You can disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available.
To disable “flash cookies,” you can adjust the setting of your Flash player to block Flash cookies using the tools contained in your website storage settings panel. More information can be found on Adobe’s website.
Please be aware, however, that if you turn off cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site features. For example, we will not be able to recognize you as a registered user to allow you access to your account information.
Do Not Track: Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
If you wish to access, modify or update any personal information we have received, please contact email@example.com. Also, if you are a registered user, you can access your account at any time to modify or update your account information.
Cardinal Health takes appropriate steps to manage the privacy of your Personal Information and the security of the Site. We have implemented commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls that are designed to safeguard Personal Information. Still, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, Cardinal Health cannot guarantee that your Personal Information is under absolute security with the existing security technology. If you have any questions about the security of our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.